Re: Restore the "Ask me" behavior on power button press
- From: Cosimo Cecchi <cosimoc gnome org>
- To: Frederic Peters <fpeters gnome org>
- Cc: William, release-team <release-team gnome org>, Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com>, McCann <william jon mccann gmail com>
- Subject: Re: Restore the "Ask me" behavior on power button press
- Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 11:07:38 -0400
On Fri, 2011-03-25 at 15:59 +0100, Frederic Peters wrote:
> Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > >> I'll hold off any release until we're either fixed the UI or
> > >> re-instated the feature.
> > >
> > > Thanks; I guess this is now up to the release team then.
> > I agree that it is best to re-wire the 'ask' option, but leaving the
> > default to not ask.
> > The power/suspend changes have been controversial, and leaving the
> > 'ask' escape hatch may help us a bit there.
> > So +1 for the proposed change from me.
> Let's do that.
Thanks, I pushed my patches to gnome-settings-daemon (master branch) and
gnome-power-manager (master and gnome-3-0 branches).
] [Thread Prev