Re: code freeze break request: menu system patches
- From: Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>
- To: Frederic Crozat <fred crozat net>
- Cc: Gnome Release Team <release-team gnome org>, Colin Walters <walters verbum org>
- Subject: Re: code freeze break request: menu system patches
- Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 10:14:02 -0400
On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 9:07 AM, Frederic Crozat <fred crozat net> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 1:28 PM, Colin Walters <walters verbum org> wrote:
>> Two patches - these fix "application tracking" for
>> gnome-control-center and others.
>> The full story lives in
>> https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=645063 - basically we are
>> currently reading a menu file that doesn't exist on anything except
>> Red Hat Linux derived systems.
>> Second, in the current gnome-menus, System Settings (control center)
>> doesn't show up because we simply don't show "Settings;" categorized
>> apps in our menus. The fix is to change them to "System;" for now.
>> How critical are these patches? The first I would say is important,
>> since we know it's just obviously broken for anyone not on RHL. The
>> second is low risk of regression, and fixes a notable (but not in any
>> way critical) bug in interaction with control center, which is
>> obviously a flagship.
> rt approval 1/2 for both patches
] [Thread Prev