Re: Fixes for the dark Adwaita GTK+ theme
- From: Cosimo Cecchi <cosimoc gnome org>
- To: release-team <release-team gnome org>
- Cc: Jakub Steiner <jimmac gmail com>, gnome-doc-list <gnome-doc-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Fixes for the dark Adwaita GTK+ theme
- Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 09:49:38 -0400
On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 22:12 -0400, Cosimo Cecchi wrote:
> Long story short, Jakub tweaked the colormap and the theme SVG assets to
> look much, much better, and I integrated them in the patch you can find
> here . If there are no objections, I would like to merge this to
> gnome-themes-standard master for tomorrow's second release candidate.
Hi again, an update on this.
It has been pointed out by members of the design team that, even if we
didn't ship the proposed fix, we would also need the dark WM theme
counterpart for this to look really good. The design team thinks that
without the WM theme, it's better not to ship a dark theme variant at
This really changes our options to:
1) revert the dark theme completely in master. This would make Totem and
EOG using the light theme again.
2) push this fix and make the dark WM theme work properly too. This
requires changes in GTK+ and mutter.
We're currently aiming for 2). The GTK+ fix is already in the gtk-3-0
branch  and Florian is taking care of getting the mutter part
] [Thread Prev