Re: Do we need DBusMenu in the Shell?

Hello Giovanni,

I am glad you want to contribute possitively, but I am afriad that
opening a discussion in any mailing list would solve the solution.

What we need are patches for GtkApplication to expose main menu
information, and start a discussion based on the code proposals (and
the proposers should be ready to rework and take into account the
concerns of the maintainers) .

We need patches for different applications to expose extra information
using dbusmenu as a soft dependency accepted upstream.

Anything else other than that is making the situation even worse IMHO,
or at least it won't lead us anywhere. As long as there people not
only proposing code, but willing to work on it to make it upstreamable
and maintainers willing to help them on it, things will go smoothly.

I am familiar with libdbusmenu through my work on the LibreOffice
DBusMenu extension and I am happy to give you, or anyone willing to
make this work to assist in understanding how it works I am more than
happy to help not only in terms of code but also communicating with
the maintainers of the affected modules.

So let's stop discussing and let's get some work done :-)

Thanks a lot,
Alberto