Re: [gnome-shell] Request for UI freeze break
- From: Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>
- To: Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org>
- Cc: release-team gnome org, Florian Müllner <fmuellner gnome org>, marketing-list gnome org, gnome-doc-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [gnome-shell] Request for UI freeze break
- Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 16:19:44 -0500
On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 4:15 PM, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-03-02 at 21:08 +0100, Florian Müllner wrote:
>> On Wed, 2011-03-02 at 14:20 -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:
>> > Is there a functional change in the user experience that would
>> > affect text descriptions? Or it just pixel shifting?
>> It's mostly pixel shifting. The section header (e.g. "Applications",
>> "Settings", "Recent Items") used to show the total number of matches and
>> "launch an external program to display all results" when clicked - the
>> latter was mostly unimplemented though, as there are no programs to
>> actually do that (with the exception of "Settings", where
>> gnome-control-center was launched). Given the sad state of the
>> implementation, I doubt that many current users are even aware of it -
>> it certainly is not documented in gnome-user-docs (and shouldn't be
>> either in my opinion if the patch is delayed post-3.0)
> Thanks for the explanation. No objections for documentation.
> You still need your two release-team approvals.
Given that it got docs approval, I'll give my +1 for the release team.
] [Thread Prev