Re: [gnome-shell] Request for UI freeze break

On Wed, 2011-03-02 at 14:20 -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:
> Is there a functional change in the user experience that would
> affect text descriptions? Or it just pixel shifting?

It's mostly pixel shifting. The section header (e.g. "Applications",
"Settings", "Recent Items") used to show the total number of matches and
"launch an external program to display all results" when clicked - the
latter was mostly unimplemented though, as there are no programs to
actually do that (with the exception of "Settings", where
gnome-control-center was launched). Given the sad state of the
implementation, I doubt that many current users are even aware of it -
it certainly is not documented in gnome-user-docs (and shouldn't be
either in my opinion if the patch is delayed post-3.0)

Regards,
Florian