Re: GNOME 3.1.2 release post-mortem notes

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 01:11:11AM +0000, Piñeiro wrote:
> * A technical question about ftpadmin. When I executed this:
>  ftpadmin release-suites 3.1.2 ~/versions.
>
>   I got this error:
>   Preparing installation of versions:
>   ERROR: Module telepathy-mission-control doesn't have version 5.9.0
>   WARNING: Module gtk+ has multiple versions: 3.1.6, 2.24.5
>   ERROR: Module polkit-gnome doesn't have version 0.101
>   ERROR: Module telepathy-glib doesn't have version 0.15.1
>   WARNING: Module libwnck has multiple versions: 3.0.2, 2.30.6
>   ERROR: Module pulseaudio doesn't have version 0.9.21
>
> Those errors are in theory normal, as those tar.gz are not uploaded o
> gnome machines, are mostly on freedesktop. But on 3.1.1 those lines
> were also present on the versions file, and those tar.gz not included
> on the release. We didn't know how to solve it, so kmaraas suggested
> to just tweak the versions file used here, although keeping the one
> with all the data on the releng files. This is what I did.

The versions file *must* only have the modules which are on
ftp.gnome.org. The convert-to-tarballs script must be setup in such a
way it will not include non-ftp.gnome.org tarballs (sort of, sometimes
things are uploaded in multiple places).

The only purpose of this versions file is to symlink the tarballs on
ftp.gnome.org, so giving errors = good.

> There is a better way to manage it?

Setup convert-to-tarballs / the config file in such a way that those
things (pulseaudio and so on) are ignored / not included. I think that's
possible.

Removing from versions file is also a good as a quick workaround.
--
Regards,
Olav