Re: Rygel/gupnp-dlna missing in new modulesets

Hi Zeeshan,

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 7:10 PM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) <zeenix gmail com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 1:53 PM, Frederic Peters <fpeters gnome org> wrote:
>> Matthias Clasen wrote:

>>> As I have said in earlier discussion around the new module sets,
>>> adding things back to gnome-apps is free-for-all. If your module is
>>> missing, feel free to add it there.
>>
>> I believe Rygel is not to be considered as an application but as core,
>> just like gnome-user-share or vino; this calls for a release team
>> action.
>>
>> And I JFDI, I added rygel to the moduleset.
>
>   I thought that meant rygel is back into gnome releases but now I
> realized that its still forgotten and not made part of our releases.
> Can someone please add it back? It feels really bad when I spend some
> extra hours ensuring a release in time and then realizing later that
> it was all in vein.

As Matthias said, it was decided (I recall discussing it with you as
well) that it is better leave gnome-user-share, rygel, vino, etc out
of the core release until we finish the interfaces to them in the
System Settings - Privacy & Sharing.  We're still working on that and
didn't get it done in time.  It would be better if we had but
hopefully it is not the end of the world.  Anyone who needs them can
still install them and configure them with the tools they include.  It
was still worthwhile to do a release.

I expect it to be a nicely integrated and featured part of 3.2.  Which
will be upon us sooner than we think.

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,
Jon