Re: Freeze break request for gedit filebrowser plugin

We are using already g_settings_list_schemas and if it doesn't find it
rely on the the gedit schemas. The problem is that when we did this
the nautilus schemas didn't exists, so we made it in what we thought
they would be called and managed. This way the mistake of using g_settings_get_string
instead of g_settings_get_enum.

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
Le dimanche 03 avril 2011, à 22:54 +0200, Nacho a écrit :
> We are indeed taking the settings from nautilus, the issue is that if the
> nautilus
> settings doesn't exists we are falling back in our own settings.
> The issue is to not have to configure things twice. But I agree that some of
> this
> settings should go in the gsettings-desktop-schemas.

Well, you should really use g_settings_list_schemas() and
g_settings_list_keys() to avoid any weird issue, if you're depending on
nautilus schema.

While I think the patch doesn't hurt and can be committed -- it's
probably a bit better than what you have right now --, I also believe
that the right solution is just to not have a copy of the nautilus
schemas inside the gedit ones. If the nautilus schemas are not
available, just take a default behavior and stick with it, I'd say...

So approval 1 of 2, but I'd ask you to reconsider how this all works for
3.2, because this doesn't look like it's implemented the right way to
me.

Cheers,