Re: Freeze break request for gedit filebrowser plugin

We are indeed taking the settings from nautilus, the issue is that if the nautilus
settings doesn't exists we are falling back in our own settings.
The issue is to not have to configure things twice. But I agree that some of this
settings should go in the gsettings-desktop-schemas.

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 10:50 PM, Frederic Peters <fpeters gnome org> wrote:
Nacho wrote:

> When we made the port to gsettings nautilus wasn't ported yet to it
> and I've just found a potential crash in case nautilus is installed
> and gedit is using the plugin.

Am I right understanding the patch as syncing gedit access to
gsettings of nautilus with nautilus? I would agree with the patch but
depending on another module key is definitely not the safe thing to
do as you'd need to handle many error cases, and you're probably still
missing some.

If the click policy key has to be shared by different modules, it
should be moved to gsettings-desktop-schemas, did you talk with the
Nautilus team about this?

       Frederic