Are unstable GNOME releases tested to build on some particular distribution?

Release team,

I've had only partial success building unstable GNOME releases (e.g. 2.91.2) using JHBuild on the distribution I happen to be running (Ubuntu): I've found that there are often non-trivial build issues which I need to resolve.  So I've been wondering this: before each unstable release is announced, does the release team verify that it builds successfully using JHBuild on at least one distribution, using the sample-tarball.jhbuildrc file found in the release's moduleset?  If so, what is that distribution (or might it vary from release to release?)

adam