Re: Fwd: Re: Reminder : do NOT hardcode deprecation flags in tarball / new tarballs NEEDED

On Thu, 2010-03-11 at 11:06 +0100, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> Please, we need new tarballs which build with gtk+ 2.19.7. This is
> blocking 2.29.92 release.

I've been in Portland all week with a flaky connection, and today I'm
traveling back to the UK. I already started spinning a 0.10.4 release
that builds with 2.19.5 and without the deprecations, but:

  • it requires clutter 1.2
  • I've been notified by Bastien that gnome-games started using
clutter-gtk 0.90

the first issue means bumping the required version of clutter in the
external dependencies list; the second requires that gnome-games stays
with clutter-gtk 0.10. I can't release clutter-gtk master as 1.0 yet
because it requires more work on the API; I committed to a clutter-gtk
1.0 release for April, but I simply cannot make it in time for GNOME's
2.30 release.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi, Open Source Software Engineer
Intel Open Source Technology Center