Re: gdk-pixbuf now standalone again
- From: Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
- To: Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>
- Cc: GNOME 2 release team <release-team gnome org>, gtk-devel-list <gtk-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: gdk-pixbuf now standalone again
- Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 12:52:50 +0100
On Sat, 2010-06-26 at 01:23 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Following some recent irc discussions, I have done the necessary work
> to split out gdk-pixbuf as a standalone module again. This is how it
> started out, in the distant past, before it spent most of the GTK+ 2.x
> era inside GTK+. The main reason for splitting it out again are that
> we avoid breaking the gdk-pixbuf ABI, which makes live easier for
> modules like librsvg or clutter, which use gdk-pixbuf as an image
> loader, but don't have other GTK+ dependencies.
> The gdk-pixbuf sources can now be found here:
> I have just done a gdk-pixbuf-2.21.3 release, and GTK+ 2.22/2.90
> releases depending on an external gdk-pixbuf will follow soon.
Does this mean we'll have to undo the work on pixbuf loaders?
] [Thread Prev