Re: Gedit dependency on libpeas

On 06/16/2010 03:57 PM, Vincent Untz wrote:
Le mercredi 16 juin 2010, à 10:05 +0200, Olav Vitters a écrit :
I'm all for it if it is very likely all issues are sorted out before
we get into release candidate stage.

Hrm, what issues? I didn't see anything mentioned in Steve's mails.

+1 from me, assuming there's no big issues since I now have a doubt :-)

There is no big issue related to libpeas itself (well, there are a bunch of bugs and "nice to have" features not implemented yet, but it's normal at this stage...):
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=product%3Alibpeas

The only issue I can see is related to the maturity of gobject-introspection based bindings libpeas relies to. But pygi is progressing fast, and libseed is already used by epiphany. And those are optional dependencies anyway.

Actually, I hope libpeas will reach enough maturity at the end of this cycle to ensure the api would remain mostly frozen in the future.

Thank you for your agreement.

Regards,
Steve Frécinaux