Re: Switch to AT-SPI/CORBA as the default for GNOME 2.30

Hi Matthias:

We've yet to be able to get a successful run of the Orca regression test suite when running with AT-SPI/D-Bus.  In addition, we're seeing non-deterministic behavior when running on different machines.  Some of these may be race conditions, as I tend to see problems when running on my slow NetBook that I didn't see when running on a faster machine.  This behavior can manifest itself in performance problems, reentrancy problems, etc.  These bugs do not seem unsurmountable, but they will take time and we suspect more exist.  The reentrancy issues in particular are quite elusive and difficult to pin down.

To the point that funding permits, we will still continue to develop AT-SPI/D-Bus even if AT-SPI/CORBA is the default.

Will