Re: Draft of 3.0 schedule

Am Samstag, den 30.01.2010, 13:15 -0500 schrieb Matthias Clasen:
> We simply cannot get to 3.0 if we keep doing 'normal incremental'
> releases of 2.x.
> At least not without falling into the KDE 4 trap.

Can you elaborate a bit?
My quick response, but maybe I miss something: Work on stuff like shell
and journal has been going on for quite some time, and people are free
to use branches for stuff that takes longer than 6 months. Alex Larsson
also worked on gvfs for two years before it replaced gnome-vfs (IIRC),
while we were in the normal six months GNOME release cycle.

andre
--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed