Re: Leaving r-t? [was: Re: Meeting minutes (April 10th)]

2010/8/5 Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net>:
> Am Dienstag, den 13.04.2010, 15:36 +0200 schrieb Vincent Untz:
>> Team changes
>> ============
>>
>> There's been discussion about having someone from the accessibility team
>> join the release team, and we like this.
>>
>> Vincent will leave the team after the release of 3.0. Andre and Frédéric
>> (Crozat) are considering leaving too. However, we can't let too many
>> people leave at the same time, to make sure knowledge is passed to new
>> members and exprience is not lost.
>>
>> Matthias suggests to contact the GNOME Shell people for potential new
>> members.
>

> So in order to avoid having too many people leaving at the same time
> everybody should clarify his plans maybe?
>
> I plan to stay around at least until 3.0 is out, most probably 3.2 even.
> It's not that I currently actively plan to leave, it's just that a rule
> of mine is to force myself to move on and try new things from time to
> time. ;-)
>
> Others? Vincent, Frederic?

To be honest, I have no idea if my new job will permit me to continue
to be part of the release-team. I don't have hardware to do release at
home and I don't have yet hardware at work to do it (so I'm not sure
I'll be able to handle 2.31.91). Moreover, since I won't be actively
packaging and maintaining GNOME as I used to do at Mandriva, my
"feedback" part will be much less valuable than it used to be.

Maybe I'm a bit pessimistic ; I guess I'll be able to give a better
status after 2.32 is out (and my work routine will have really
started).

--
Frederic Crozat