Re: How to decide about 2.30 vs 3.0

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 11:08:39AM +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
> And just plan usability. When you look at the new stuff in one picture,
> is it nice? Real integration of chat into gnome-shell, journal thing,
> etc. Is it something that provides a real improvement over what you can
> do now? So it isn't just a new different looking panel.

PS: What I forgot to mention: I was thinking of how we try to make
existing applications work within the shell / new environment. But
perhaps we should focus to provide a way better experience instead, and
whatever doesn't work perfectly should just be warned beforehand they
have to spend some development time.
Meaning: make applications GNOME 3.0 ready / 'optimized'.

--
Regards,
Olav