Re: [gst-devel] Request for comment (GStreamer team): release date for GNOME 3.0

Vincent Untz schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> The release team is gathering comments from various teams to get a
> proper idea of which of March or September 2010 is more appropriate for
> the release of GNOME 3.0. The decision for the release date is following
> what we set in the 3.0 planning document [1]: we want 3.0 to be out in
> 2010, but we also want to make sure that 3.0 is rock-solid; your input
> will help us take an informed decision.
>
> It'd be great if someone could summarize the status of the work that is
> being done in GStreamer at the moment, and how a GNOME 3.0 release in
> March or September would work for you. I know that in Gran Canaria, last
> summer, the GStreamer hackers discussed releasing GStreamer 1.0 in 2010,
> and if we can integrate it in GNOME 3.0, that'd be quite cool!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Vincent
>
> PS: make sure to cc the release team for the reply ;-)
>
> [1] http://live.gnome.org/ThreePointZero/Plan

Vincent, we're not ignoring you :) We kind of have business as usual in Gst
land. After guadec it became somewhat quiet around the 1.0 discussion. Now we
discuss some more and March seems tough from my point of view. I hope other core
devs reply as well.

Stefan