2.29/2.31 Schedule

Hi,

as the Release Team decided to have the GNOME 2.30 release in March 2010
and the GNOME 3.0 release in September 2010[1] the GNOME 2.29
schedule[2] requires some updates and changes (also because GTK will
release a 2.20 by the end of this year and aim for 3.0 afterwards[3]).

I tend to remove the following items from the 2.29 schedule as they are
unrealistic to finish by 2.30:
* Complete Bonobo removal
* Complete a11y migration
* GTK and Glib 3.0 releases
* Yelp getting rid of Xulrunner in favor of WebKit
* Complete removal of libgnomecanvas in Evolution
* Complete HAL->DeviceKit migration? (I don't know the status)

I tend to add the following item to the 2.29 schedule:
* GTK 2.20 release by beginning of January

All other aims (e.g. complete libgnome/ui and libglade removal) in 2.29
will remain and will not be postponed, as there will be enough other
work to do in 2.31 (dconf, sealing etc), plus having an ambitious and
challenging (but not unrealistic) schedule can't hurt as things always
tend to take longer than expected.

Feedback?

I've also uploaded a first rough 2.31/3.0 schedule that corresponds to
the proposed changes to http://live.gnome.org/AndreKlapper/Sched1 .
Comments in the wiki appreciated.

-andre

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/devel-announce-list/2009-November/msg00001.html