Re: Meeting minutes (January 18th)

Le dimanche 18 janvier 2009, à 23:56 +0100, Vincent Untz a écrit :
>  + discuss with anjuta team about libgda dependency

Talked a bit with Johannes on IRC. Quick summary is:

 + symbol-db plugin is mandatory
 + it's possible to rewrite it for sqlite in theory, but it won't happen
   because they have more important things to do and not enough manpower
   (quite understandable, and not a big surprise)

So. I don't think it's reasonable to ask them to port to sqlite, and I
see how libgda could be useful in some non-sqlite uses for GNOMEy apps.
I'm thus fine with having it as an external dep. We'll probably want to
have a small page to help people choose between sqlite and libgda,
though.

(Johannes also pointed out that libgda requires sqlite anyway, so if we
have libgda, we have sqlite)

What do you think?