Re: GNOME 2.26 Showstopper Review

On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 23:03 +0100, Wouter Bolsterlee wrote:

> There is no way to find out who is actually using the Python (or whatever
> language) bindings for a given library. Some may have custom applications
> around, and just dropping support while the underlying library is not
> officially dropped sends out the wrong signal I think: at the very least it
> is unfriendly, if not plain unacceptable.

Well, we're talking only about those applications in the GNOME
modulesets, aren't we?
For those applications, there's a way to find out who is using what, and
that's the information we should use to decide whether deprecate or not
a support for a library from an upstream point of view, IMHO.
Custom app writers and distributions are obviously free to ship and use
whatever they want for their modules outside of the official GNOME sets.

Cheers,

Cosimo