Re: Unfinished things (was: 2.26 Showstopper review)

Le mardi 24 février 2009 à 11:57 -0500, Matthias Clasen a écrit :
> While we are talking about unfinished things, I'd also like to count
> Empathy itself as an 'unfinished thing'  - from what it seems, neither
> Ubuntu nor Fedora will pick it up as the default IM client of their
> Gnome desktops in their next versions.

We are not Fedora nor Ubuntu, we are upstream.

Neither Fedora nor Ubuntu (nor Mandriva, unfortunately) ships Epiphany
as default browser, despite it being way better integrated in GNOME.

> And from the looks of it, it hasn't really gotten any closer to that
> point since we first admitted it into the desktop set.
>
> Can we do something to make sure that Empathy is 'good enough' in 2.28 ?

For me, Empathy has been good enough starting with 2.24 and the few
things it was missing have been fixed in 2.25.x, so I don't see an
issue.

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandriva com>
Mandriva