Unfinished things (was: 2.26 Showstopper review)

Here is something that I haven't seen mentioned yet:

Jon added 'presence' ui and a presence api in gnome-session /
gdm-user-switch-applet, but as things stand right now, this work is
incomplete and will make us look somewhat bad if we ship it in its
present (no pun) state. Here is what needs to happen minimally, imo:

- We are still missing icons for the presence states in the user
switch applet. From what I hear, this was held up by the usual
icon-naming quabbles...
  Possible workarounds:
  - Use the empathy icons
  - Don't use icons

- We do have an IM client in the desktop set now, so we should make it
pay attention to the presence state that is set there. I don't know
enough about the telepathy stack of modules to know where this needs
to be added.

- Maybe there are other apps in our sets that should pay attention to
the presence state, like Ekiga,
  but having Empathy play along is the absolute minimum, I'd say.

Matthias