Re: GNOME and git

Vincent Untz wrote:

> Yep. Was waiting for Owen's status update to evaluate the situation,
> before working on the messaging :-) But sounds good.

We should really get the official word out, as people will start to
notice...[1]

FWIW I agree with Lucas points, and Olav comments, and will happily
proofread any draft (<- yes, this implies I will not write the
announcement).

> Fred (the other one this time) was looking at talking with bzr people to
> get the feeling. I think it's quite important to do that too before
> moving.

John Carr told me Jelmer Vernooij has bzr dpush to git working; and
even if it still needs quite some optimizations, I hope energy will
be put into improving that, instead of new flames. (actually I know
I am just dreaming, but I like that).

As far as modules currently developed with bzr, the main contention
point will certainly be the java bindings:
| 12:28 < AfC> Up to you. But we are a GNOME project, we work in Bazaar
| [only] and I would love to be able to have the hackers who contribute
| branches be able to host their work publicly there.

Cheers,

        Frederic

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2009-February/msg00071.html