Re: Problem with committing to gnome-screensaver
- From: Hubert Figuiere <hub figuiere net>
- To: Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>
- Cc: release-team gnome org, gnome-infrastructure gnome org, GNOME i18n list <gnome-i18n gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Problem with committing to gnome-screensaver
- Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 20:56:55 -0500
Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 6:57 PM, Frederic Peters <fpeters gnome org> wrote:
>> Pretty please, this is sensible ground, this is not the place to fuck
>> up things not communicating.
> Clearly, Jon can do whatever he wants with gnome-screensaver. Its his
> code, and he is the maintainer. If that means translators have a some
> difficulties, and gnome-screensaver may be less perfectly translated
> than it used to, thats unfortunate. But still ultimatively Jons
I have to disagree with that. GNOME is not an individualistic project
but a group effort. For that reason, GNOME has a release process and the
modules part of GNOME "core" (the various suites) have to follow the
Switching VCS like that, on the fly, is a disruption in this process.
Even more when done in the middle of a release cycle.
I see that Jon addressed the issue, but I just wanted emphasis how wrong
your message was.
And yes I'm eager to see GNOME move to git.
Hub, who is not part of the release team.
] [Thread Prev