Re: Problem with committing to gnome-screensaver

> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 6:57 PM, Frederic Peters <fpeters gnome org> wrote:
>
> > Pretty please, this is sensible ground, this is not the place to fuck
> > up things not communicating.
>
> Clearly, Jon can do whatever he wants with gnome-screensaver. Its his
> code, and he is the maintainer. If that means translators have a some
> difficulties,  and gnome-screensaver may be less perfectly translated
> than it used to, thats unfortunate. But still ultimatively Jons
> decision...
>
> Fwiw, Glib and GTK+ will likely move to git as soon as the next stable
> releases are done.

We have a very long-standing policy that modules in our
release set must be hosted in Gnome Subversion.  Before
Subversion, we had a very long-standing policy that they
must be in Gnome CVS.

Yes, maintainers are the ultimate decision makers with
respect to their modules, but we do place restrictions
on them if they want their modules to be a part of Gnome.
They have to follow our schedule and respect our freezes.
They have to use the same version control system and bug
tracker as the rest of us.

Ultimately, of course, anybody has the right to take their
project (or somebody else's) and put it in whatever version
control system they want.  But what's included in the Gnome
release is what comes out of Gnome SVN.

And, mind you, this is being sent from somebody who is very
much looking forward to Gnome using Git.

--
Shaun