Re: Face to face meeting at FOSDEM

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Olav Vitters <olav bkor dhs org> wrote:

> user experience:
>  - gnome-shell (relies on gnome introspection, clutter metacity, etc)
>   --> owen promised beta/alpha tarball in March 2009
>       @? need to check if still the case
>   also:
>     @? need to check if fixes are shared between clutter metacity and
>        main metacity

I've asked Owen about these, and he said:

<owen> A) alpha tarball is pretty easy, though having a firm
gobject-introspection roadmap agreed on between jdahlin/walters and
the glib maintainers would be very helpful
<owen> B) Still TBD what the long term plan is. Upstream metacity has
been periodically merged, and I've pushed the few bug fixes that were
clearly relevant to upstream metacity back to marnanel
<owen> (the few bug fixes I came up with, may be more from the
intel/mutter team)