Re: GDM version used for GNOME 2.24?

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 6:56 PM, Jens Granseuer <jensgr gmx net> wrote:
> On 04.09.2008 18:40, Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 6:28 PM, Jens Granseuer <jensgr gmx net> wrote:
>> > Configuration dialogs for applications belong to the respective
>> > applications, not in the control center.
>> >
>> > Even if that wasn't so, saying "it should live somewhere else" is
>> > certainly not going to fix the problem.
>> The system default wallpaper is not a gdm-specific setting.
> Who's talking about the system default wallpaper?

gdm uses the default wallpaper as the login wallpaper.

Please, let's try to find a way forward and don't put negative energy
into it. We are software engineers and software is not a religion.
It's normal to have 20 opinions among 15 people and we shouldn't take
this stuff personally.

I've posted earlier about adding autologin to gnome-system-tools, any
comments on that? It would be easy to hide the option if the DBus
interface is unavailable so it won't add any new dependencies. It's
not likely to hit 2.24 as we're in UI freeze and string freeze :/

--
Patryk Zawadzki