Re: GDM version used for GNOME 2.24?
- From: Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org>
- To: Patryk Zawadzki <patrys pld-linux org>
- Cc: Gnome Release Team <release-team gnome org>, desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: GDM version used for GNOME 2.24?
- Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 09:42:40 -0500
On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 16:11 +0200, Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 4:05 PM, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
> > Top Ten Reasons People Complain About Gnome:
> > * Number 1: This statement:
> > On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 15:50 +0200, Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
> >> The settings are
> >> there in gconf so everyone is free to come up with a configuration
> >> tool if you find anything worth configuring there
> It wasn't meant as a "provide patch" kind of statement. I just believe
> this falls out of scope of GDM and should be part of control center.
I wasn't referring to the "provide a patch" attitude.
To some degree, that's inevitable in any free software
I was referring to the attitude that we can stick things
in GConf without a graphical configuration tool. Every
single release, the semi-joke response on any give forum
is "What options did they remove this time?" Could we
at least try to avoid giving them fodder?
] [Thread Prev