Re: Gtk2-Perl: SVN migration, Bugzilla

On Sat, Oct 04, 2008 at 02:21:47PM +0200, Torsten Schoenfeld wrote:
> with 2.24 out, I'd like to resume work on the SVN migration.  I'll
> prepare SVN dumps for each of the new "perl-*" repositories.  Is it OK
> for you if I put those in my home directory on master.gnome.org?  Or do
> you have a different preferred way of sending you the SVN dumps?

The SVN machine is located elsewhere. So I'd like it to be hosted
somewhere which I can wget.

E.g. in ~/public_html on master.gnome.org. As it will contain various,
please ensure the directory allows indexing so I can wget all the files
in one go.

> Did you get any additional account requests from gtk2-perl people, apart
> from muppet (Scott Arrington)?  If so, I'd need to know their account
> name so I can transform their user IDs correctly.  For all the rest
> without GNOME account, I'll just prepend "x-" to their Sourceforge user
> name, like we discussed.

Only one unfortunately. I didn't approve it yet. Could you perhaps do a
2nd call for GNOME SVN accounts?

> And lastly, Bugzilla.  Currently, we have a "gnome-perl" product with one
> component for each of our module.  This is convenient because it makes it
> easy to get an overview of all our bugs.  But I think you said you
> preferred one product per SVN module.  Does this apply in our case?  Or
> can we just continue with the current setup?

You can continue. The only result is that:
1. When you upload tarballs, the version number isn't automatically
updated
2. The link to the repository is wrong (it simply assumes the bugzilla
product is the SVN module name -- this is just a HTML template thing, no
config possible).

--
Regards,
Olav