[DRAFT] GNOME Roadmap - Time to Update, and 3.0

Assembled from latest minutes, previous mails, and a few original
words.

------

Dear module maintainer,[1]

GNOME 2.24 got released a bit more than a month ago and we all started
looking forward for the next releases; looking forward so much that we
would actually love to know your plans, get to live.gnome.org to
update your roadmap page now.

They are listed at http://live.gnome.org/RoadMap/Modules ; tell us
about your plans for 2.26.

But there is a twist this time, we want to plan further than the next
six months, we want to define the major goals for the next two years,
and we are willing to implement fresh/inovative ideas that improves
GNOME's user experience.

Two major ideas came out from the UI hackfest, a new desktop shell and
file management revamping, we believe those are exciting ideas as an
initial effort to define our 3.0 release.  But *YOU* are those who
makes GNOME, and we want to read about your ideas.

You will be right thinking two years is a long time, you will also be
right thinking it is a short time, you know best what can be achieved
in such a time frame, so think about the overall user experience, be
free to "break" the current UI (if that brings improvements to our
users, obviously).

That's it, think over it, discuss it with friends, other developers,
the various teams, usability, art, and tell us all you want about it
in the RoadMap pages.

Cheers,

        Frederic

[1] I just got on the release team and they are already pushing work
    to me, blame vuntz, but don't forget lucasr.