Re: Cleanup tasks

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 12:26 PM, Matthias Clasen
<matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
> During a recent release team meeting, the idea was brought up that we
> should put forward some "non-mandatory cleanup tasks" that we'd like
> to see some progress on during this development cycle. Because,
> everybody loves to clean up, right ?!
>
> Completing these cleanup tasks for 2.26 will make the move to GTK+ 3
> at some point in the future much easier, and it will give us a leaner,
> cleaner codebase.

Its a somewhat related topic, people have been asking me what widgets
they should be using and which ones they should stay away from because
they are planning libglade --> GtkBuilder migrations.

The answer on my part has been easy until they asked me, what will
I use instead of GnomeCanvas ?

afaik there is no blessed canvas for gtk+ as of yet, and I think that
GnomeCanvas functionality extends beyond GtkDrawingArea, so are we
looking at an immediate future of people using GnomeCanvas as
GtkBuildable ?

Cheers,
                      -Tristan