Re: Removing libgnomeprint* from the desktop set

On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 10:14 -0500, Mike Kestner wrote:

> I'm fairly confident that this post is a waste of electrons, but I'll go
> on record as saying I don't think it's a good idea.

If it's a waste, please don't do it.

> What exactly is the cost to GNOME of leaving a deprecated unmaintained
> library in the release set?

The right question to ask is: what is the cost of removing them?
Nothing.  Distributions will keep shipping the latest available stable
release.  What's the benefit: leaner and cleaner and up-to-date release
set that we actually do support.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/