Re: Moving Gtk2-Perl to GNOME infrastructure

On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 01:12 +0100, Olav Vitters wrote:

> > The repository name "gnome-perl" seems natural, especially since that's
> > the name of our Bugzilla component.  On the other hand, there was
> > previously a CVS repository with the same name wrapping the GNOME 1.x
> > libraries.  Is that a problem?  If so, we could use "gnome2-perl".
>
> I'd rather see a repository for the Glib binding, etc. However, not sure
> of the naming. Suggestions? (release-team / you)

So, how do we proceed?

Is your preference against a gnome-perl repository set in stone?  If so,
how do you suggest we deal with the directories I mentioned in my
previous mail?  To recap: we have a few things in our repository that
don't belong to one binding but rather to all of them:

  docs/		- generic documentation applying to all our bindings
  helpers/	- helper programs to aid developing bindings
  Makefile	- a Makefile to build all or a subset of our bindings

Additionally, we have some modules in our repository that would look
weird as top-level repositories in GNOME SVN, even if we prepended
'perl-' to their name:

  ExtUtils-Depends
  ExtUtils-PkgConfig
  GStreamer
  GStreamer-Interfaces

I'd like to import our Cairo module, too -- it's currently hosted on
Freedesktop's CVS repository.

--
Bye,
-Torsten