Re: Feature and string break request

cc'ing gnome-i18n, since that's where a string freeze break request
should be sent.

Le vendredi 14 mars 2008, à 16:50 +0100, Alexander Larsson a écrit :
> I recently commited the archive backend written by Benjamin Otte to gvfs
> svn. Its technically a feature freeze break, but not really as the
> feature is hidden and more or less impossible to use as is, and it
> doesn't affect anything else (its a separate binary after all).
>
> However, its a really really neat feature when integrated. Basically
> you'd click (or right click plus select the right menu item) on an
> archive and then you can access it read only from the mount. Much like
> how OSX handles dmg files, only it supports zip, tars, isos, etc.
>
> The integration (in its simplest form, suitable for 2.22) is just a
> non-visible (for the panel menus) desktop file listing the right
> mimetypes as supported that when used (by default on open, or from the
> open with submenu) mounts the archive you selected. [Patch attached]
>
> However, this patch adds one string, and breaks the feature freeze. But
> since this is an imho very useful feature, and is very unlikely to break
> anything else I'd still like to add it to gvfs for gnome 2.22.1. What do
> you think about this?

For translators: the new string is "Archive Mounter".

Alex, your patch doesn't modify POTFILES.in :-)

I'm a bit mixed on the feature freeze break. It sounds harmless and
more of a good thing. But then it deprecates file-roller in some part
since it's not needed to read archives anymore... I need to think a bit
more about this, I guess.