Re: Code freeze break request

On Fri, 2008-03-07 at 19:07 +0100, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> Well, since gnome-volume-manager is still not dead and it still managing
> digital cameras (even with Matthias patch to disable mount and
> multimedia stuff), user will get notification.

Think about it. If that is true then we had a bug before Alex's patch to
disable the gphoto2 backend (we'd get multiple notifications). IOW,
probably needs patching of g-v-m. Someone should check that.

(And, on a more general note, it's too bad that GNOME is so worried
about app compat that we're turning off new and shiny gvfs features.
What makes it especially ridiculous (and inexcusable) is that vendors
have the source already and can fix the offending apps.. and there's
always the unmount wrapper too. Kinda makes me wonder what the hell the
point is and why I bothered writing a gphoto2 backend at all.)

       David