Re: Code freeze break request
- From: David Zeuthen <david fubar dk>
- To: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- Cc: Gnome Release Team <release-team gnome org>, gnome-vfs <gnome-vfs-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Code freeze break request
- Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 12:36:18 -0500
On Fri, 2008-03-07 at 12:33 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> 2 - Don't automount gphoto:// volumes. This is problematic,
> as when they are mounted other apps can't access the device.
> Longterm they should ideally use gio to access the files so
> that everyone can share the connection and apps don't need
> gphoto specific code. However, atm the automount is causing
> problem by locking out apps using libgphoto directly.
Also, just FYI, this will disable the "you've inserted a device with
pictures" autorun feature that now lives in Nautilus. So if we do this
users will get no feedback, other than icons in computer:/// and the
Nautilus sidebar, about device insertion which is a regression.
] [Thread Prev