Re: Dependencies of dependencies in our dependencies?

On Jan 12, 2008 4:42 AM, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Was looking at
> http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointTwentyone/ExternalDependencies
>
> And I'm wondering why we have libdaemon there: I believe it's only a
> dependency of avahi, and not anything we blessed, so it shouldn't be
> listed, am I right?
>
> Same for pixman (which is a cairo dependency, but I don't think it's
> directly used by any GNOME module -- I'm less sure, though).

I think it'd make sense to have an indirect dependencies section on
the page; it makes it easier for people updating or sanity checking
jhbuild/garnome, and also makes it easier to judge new external
dependency proposals (we have a place to look to see if the
dependencies of the new proposal are already in the direct or indirect
dependency list).

Elijah