Re: Release Team meeting at the beginning of January

Le samedi 05 janvier 2008, à 23:15 -0700, Elijah Newren a écrit :
> I've also got an additional item for the agenda: I've asked Lucas
> Rocha if he'd be willing to take my spot on the release team after
> 2.22 is out, assuming the release team votes in favor of letting Lucas
> on the team.

On one hand, I'll be sad to see you leave the team, but on the other
hand, everybody knows how Lucas and I are in love :-) (in case there's a
need for translation: that's a "I'm fine with your proposal" reply).

> It's been a while since anyone has proposed a
> non-immediate replacement (I think I was the most recent new member of
> the team to be such a case), but I think it'd allow me to handle the
> releases I volunteered for and help Lucas and our other relatively new
> members transition to their new roles.  We could handle it different
> ways, though:
>   - Have Lucas replace me only once 2.22 is out, but let him attend meetings and
>     subscribe to r-t to help him get the feel of things now.  (In
> other words, let him have
>     a transition period like I had, rather than the sudden jump into
> the fray that most
>     team members have received.)
>   - Expand the team temporarily to 9 members; let Lucas vote in the
> meeting tomorrow
>     and be coaxed into volunteering for all the hard tasks.  I remain
> on the team and
>     finish out the stuff I volunteered for, then leave after 2.22 is out.
>   - Have me leave the team now and have Lucas take my place immediately.  Use it
>     as an experiment in trying to distribute the release team work to
> the community
>     better, by having me be a community member doing the couple
> releases I already
>     volunteered for.  (Or maybe have Lucas try to handle one or two of them.)
> I'm fine with any of these options; there may be others as well.  I'd
> also be willing to help the release team out with an occasional point
> release in the future as a normal community member, if you want to
> experiment with distributing that work.

I'm fine with all those options too. And I'd guess that it's true for
everybody else. So it's up to you and Lucas to decide :-) You can see
this as an experiment with distributing the decision. Or something like
this...