Re: Hard Code Freeze

Le vendredi 29 février 2008, à 09:30 +0100, Olav Vitters a écrit :
> On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 12:00:07AM +0000, Release Team wrote:
> > This is a late freeze to avoids sudden last-minute accidents which
> > could risk the stability that should have been reached at this point.
> > No source code changes are allowed without approval from the release
> > team, but translation and documentation should continue. Simple build
> > fixes are, of course, allowed without asking.
>
> This should be fwd'ed to devel-announce-list. However, will we delay
> code freeze for nautilus/gvfs? That should be part of the msg. Also need
> to check if we should delay 2.22

I already sent a hard code freeze message yesterday (didn't want to wait
for Friday since some people are away during week-ends).

I talked with Alex, and it seems things are good. He'd still like to
have a transitional period, let's call it "hard code notification
period" where patches can be committed, but are also sent to the
release team. Then hard code freeze on Thursday. That's for
gio/gvfs/eel/nautilus. Sounds good to everyone?

I don't think we need to delay 2.22. But our showstopper master can jump
in to comment, I guess.