Freeze break request: RANDR monitor labeling

Dear release team,

Yesterday I mailed gnomecc-list about a few patches for gnome-desktop,
gnome-settings-daemon, and gnome-control-center.  These implement
color-coded labels so that you can identify which of your multiple
monitors is being configured.  Sexy screenshots here:

http://www.gnome.org/~federico/news-2008-08.html#randr-monitor-labels

(That post also links to the git repos with the patches).

Is this acceptable for 2.23 given the freezes in place?  My lame
arguments:

- It's a sexy feature.

- The tray icon was useless without support for monitor rotations,
anyway (i.e. it didn't do anything at all).

- It's a really sexy feature.

There are a few string additions in gnome-settings-daemon.

So, may I commit? :)

  Federico