Re: Moving Gtk2-Perl to GNOME infrastructure

On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 11:18 +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:

> Unsure. While this layout might make sense from the possibilities of
> SVN; there will be some switch in future. Further, our infra isn't setup
> to support anything other than /branches,/trunk,/tags.

If you don't want to have one repository with many sub-modules, how
about creating a normal gnome-perl directory and putting separate
repositories for each of our modules inside it?

> E.g. 'c++' gets by by using 'mm'.. I think that is ok. Python things
> usually have '-python', which is sane too.
>
> I am wondering why Perl stuff is different.. and what would be a good
> solution.. but I'm still thinking about it.

As I said, I don't think it would be a problem to, for example, prepend
'perl-' to our modules' names.  That's no solution for the corner cases
I mentioned, though.

--
Bye,
-Torsten