Re: post-2.20 release team meeting -- gather agenda items

On Sun, Sep 23, 2007 at 08:22:29PM +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Le mercredi 05 septembre 2007, à 05:54 -0600, Elijah Newren a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > This is an early (premature?) email about setting up a post-2.20
> > release team meeting to discuss the 2.22 cycle.  I'm thinking some
> > time during the week after the 2.20 release.  Some early agenda items
> > (please add any you can think of):
>
> Time to think about actually having the meeting :-)

Seems I overlooked the initial mail.

> I believe Andre is away until the end of September. We can either ignore
> him (he doesn't like good german bands after all!) or wait for him.
> I should be able to find some free time whenever the meeting is. When is
> everybody else available?

This week? Doesn't really matter. Next week it'll be weekends / after
18.00 CEST (UTC +2 currently).

> I'm leaving the preliminary agenda Elijah gathered, so people can add
> some more items (we love really long meetings, don't we?)
>
> Vincent
>
> >   - Follow-up on previous action items
> >   - Answer any questions Olav and Karsten have, and assign them lots
> >     of tasks.  :-)

I now have a machine ok enough to make a build.

IMO we should make a document about what to do and who to inform at what
point.

e.g., bugmaster should add new GNOME version & target milestone. I don't
think there was a release where someone didn't have to specifically ask
for it ;)

> >   - 2.22 schedule (though it seems Andre may have already handled that...)
> >   - Start getting volunteers for the 2.22 release notes (it was
> >     awesome that Murray led the effort for 2.20 again, but we really
> >     need to expand the group doing that and making sure it doesn't
> >     hinge on him) AND sneak previews.

During GUADEC we had one interested person. Forgot her name though.
Ehr.. who helped with GUADEC since 2006.
However, was very hesitant to be the only one.

> >   - Discuss how to streamline external dependency handling (delegate
> >     the entire task to the build brigade?)
> >   - Figure out how to not suck at tarballs-due/freeze-start reminder
> >     emails.
> >   - Discuss release team manager/symbolic-figurehead replacement?
> >     I've been here long enough, it's probably someone else's turn.
> >     I'd be fine staying in the release team, but I think it may be
> >     getting time to at least change this aspect.

vuntz!

> >   - Make assignments for 2.20.x and 2.21.x releases.

oh damn.

--
Regards,
Olav