Re: String additions to 'libgnomeui.gnome-2-20'

Hi Federico,

On 10/14/07, Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com> wrote:
> Hmmmm, are we really string frozen for the gnome-2-20 branch?

Gah, we're still failing somehow.  I don't get it.  To answer your
question:  Yes, ALL freezes remain in effect after the .0 release goes
out *except* for hard code freeze.  Now to my question:  How can we
communicate this more clearly?  We've tried to remind people that
freezes remain in effect after the .0 release lots of ways and lots of
times going back for years, but we seem to never get the message
across.  We're clearly doing something wrong.  :-(

> Then how are bugs to be fixed within the stable series?

There is a freeze break approval process if you need it.  Your
question surprises me, though; at least for the modules I've worked
on, the vast majority of bugfixes don't require string changes.  Are
the modules I work on weird, or are yours?  ;-)

Thanks for the awesome work,
Elijah