Re: Request for Rarian external dependancy bump

On Nov 27, 2007 3:30 PM, Don Scorgie <Don scorgie org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As some of the eagle-eyed among you may have noticed, I released Rarian
> 0.7.0 several days ago.  Since then I've been working on making yelp
> work with the (incompatible) new series.
>
> I've now done this to the point I'm fairly happy and am now requesting
> permission to update the Rarian external dependency for GNOME 2.22 to
> the Rarian 0.8 series (i.e. 0.7.0 - 0.8.0).  For now, the minimum and
> recommended version would be 0.7.0 but Rarian follows the GNOME release
> cycle so this will be 0.8.0 when GNOME 2.22 is released.
>
> (For those interested, the attached patch is the work required to port
> across.  Oh, and I also made category icons work again ;) )
>
> If I've missed a list, please let me know and I'll add them.

/me continues waiting for a build brigade member to start jumping on
all external dependency bump requests, testing their buildability with
all of gnome, and if there's no build issues or cascades of other deps
needing version bumps, then updating the jhbuild modulesets, notifying
garnome, and updating the wiki page to reflect the bumped version.

Someday, it'll happen.  I'll keep prodding people here and there until
someone decides to.  And when it happens, we'll all be happier.  You
can be that someone.  :-)

Elijah