Re: [Evolution-hackers] Missing svn tags for e-d-s / evolution 2.18 releases

On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 18:57 +0200, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> Le lundi 21 mai 2007 �6:36 +0000, Srinivasa Ragavan a �it :
> > Frederic,
> >
> > One reason why me and Harish didn't want to tag is that we are able to
> > map the svn revision number to a particular release. I hope isn't so
> > difficult to get that from the ChangeLog/configure.in/NEWS commit logs.
> > At least that is how we do while preparing NEWS file for a dot release
> > to know what went in since the last release.
> >
> > If you have better points, We are open for it. Nothing against it :)
>
> I don't really see what it causing problem here : just tags the release
> corresponding to the commit for configure.in / NEWS / Changelog. It
> isn't really a big problem if there is another commit for the tag
> operation in SVN.

I didn't say it a problem. I'm saying that the TAG would map directly to
a revision in svn which would be the revision of the commit of those
files. You can achieve what you want with tag with just revision number
itself. In case of CVS, you can't do this. If it is of difficulty to map
to a revision, no problem in resuming that again.

-Srini.