Java bindings

Hi,

Last January, I asked about the status of the java bindings [1]. We
didn't get any mail reply, but I went on the right channel on irc, and
talked a bit with Andrew. He told me he'll send a mail later, to explain
the situation (but he probably forgot since he was quite busy at this
time).

So basically, the situation is this: the bindings we ship in the
bindings suite are unmaintained. All the effort is put in java-gnome 4.0
[2], which makes some sense. What's worrying me, though, is that this
won't be ready before 2.22 (or later).

I've been wondering if it's still okay to ship the current bindings in
our bindings suite. I'd expect from bindings of this suite to be stable,
maintained, and wrapping the latest API.

What do you think about all this? Of course, this needs discussion
outside the release-team, but maybe I'm just totally wrong and this
doesn't need discussion...

Vincent

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/release-team/2007-January/msg00017.html
[2] http://java-gnome.sourceforge.net/4.0/