Re: [Fwd: gnome-system-monitor 2.17.94]

Hi Benoit,

I'm sorry that this process upset you.  It looks like Kjartan
responded to most of your questions, but there was one he didn't
respond to that I thought might help everyone a bit.

>  The only
> thing we wanted was to have a working tarball for your module in the
> beta.

Is Mariano part of the release-team ? No.
Has the release-team dared to email me to explain why they authorize
this ? No.

I wasn't involved with building this specific release, and wasn't
around when these changes were made.  But I think I understand what
happened from the thread so far.  Let me explain my take on the
situation:

We probably should have emailed you earlier, yes, although I think
Kjartan's emails (even if they didn't come until after you brought the
issue up) do actually count as an explanation of why the release-team
authorized this.  Kjartan was handling this release, and as he
explained in his second email of this thread, the gnome-system-monitor
tarball didn't build with recent gnome-doc-utils.  He said he tried to
contact you, but couldn't get a hold of you immediately.  They were
*really* close to the due date for the release, and the fix was
simple, so Kjartan made the choice to fix it.

I'm not sure how Kjartan's choice is wrong or bad; he was acting for
the release team since he was heading up the release and the choice
seems logical to me.  However, it did upset you and I'd really like to
avoid repeating that.  Do you have any suggestions for what we could
do or avoid in the future to get releases out on time while also
avoiding any problems like this?  Would just having Kjartan (or the
person from the release-team handling the given release) send you an
email when they take such an action, as you suggested earlier, be
enough?

Thanks,
Elijah