Re: [Fwd: gnome-system-monitor 2.17.94]

ons, 28.02.2007 kl. 10.07 +0100, skrev Beno�Dejean:
> Hello,

Hi Benoit

> Mariano Su�z-Alvarez  <mariano gnome org> has commited, tagged and
> released a new version of system-monitor without my approval or any
> notice. I don't know anything about this man. I am so upset.

I can understand this. The reason the tarball was made is that the docs
didn't build in the tarball you made with the omf file corrections. So
we figured that it was important to get a fixed tarball out since it had
been broken for a couple releases. I talked to Mariano about this and
told him to mail you since we just missed you on IRC when we found out
about the problem. Sorry, we never meant to step on your toes. The only
thing we wanted was to have a working tarball for your module in the
beta.

> And he has actually screwed SVN as you can see
> http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-system-monitor/

Yeah, I've done this myself several times. The svn interface is still
not "in everyone's fingers". Want me to remove that dir or do you want
to handle it yourself?

> Please, remove the tarball as soon as possible from FTP and do what you
> have to do.

Isn't the tarball ok? What's the point in removing it if it's actually
working better than the previous one? There was no ill intent here,
quite on the contrary. If anyone is to blame it's me for encouraging
Mariano to release it.

Also, Mariano has been a contributor to GNOME for years so I find it a
bit strange that you don't know anything about him.

Cheers
Kjartan